Saturday 11 May 2013

Mia Secret Pink to Peach - colour changing nail polish :D

 Recently, I somehow came across a lot of pictures and video's of colour changing nail polishes. I own two polishes that change in the sun, one that glows under black light, two glow in the darks and one 'mood polish', that changes with the temperature: Mia Secret 'Pink to Peach'. I realized that I only wore that last one two times max (maybe just once) and I thought: why not give it a try again?


All pictures were taken in direct sunlight.


I soon remembered why I didn't like this polish that much: it dries very fast (because of the matt finish) which makes it hard to apply the polish without getting a streaky result. I needed three coats. The colour is very cute though! But how about the transition?




I like the colour shift; it's not too drastic but you can sure tell the difference! You do need quite a lot of heat to make the polish change. I've never seen it change because of just body temperature - you really need to dip your fingers in hot water - though holding a cup of tea or very hot coffee works as well. I do have to point out that my hands are always really cold so maybe that's the problem here haha :).

(Update: I woke up this morning and my hands had a normal temperature. And the polish looked very great! I had this french manicure, where the nail on the nail bed was the lighter shade, and the tips were the dark pink.)

I made a little video to show you the transition - it's out of focus most of the time but I hope it's enough for you guys to get an impression of Pink to Peach :)


If you own a cheap colour changing polish that works really well, please leave a comment :)





8 comments:

  1. wat een mooie lakje! ik vind de roze en de peachy kleuren echt mooi samen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erg grappig en een leuk kleurtje! Ik heb een paar dagen geleden mijn eerste lakje besteld die van kleur verandert maar ik heb hem nog niet binnengekregen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oeh ben benieuwd! Ik kan jouw blog trouwens niet volgen want ik gebruik geen google+ :o

      Delete
    2. Geeft niks hoor, ik hou de blog vooral bij voor mezelf.
      Het is trouwens Ruby Wing - Festival die ik besteld had (via ebay).

      Delete
    3. Wauw die ziet er echt mooi uit!

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting one of these for soooo long ;)
    And this one is a beautiful shade as well - just loved the vid! **

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I wasn't sure about putting the video up but now I'm glad I did :)

      Delete

Share your thoughts and questions (: