Saturday 11 May 2013

Other uses of nail polish #2

Click here for the first edition!

Time for a new 'other uses of nail polish'! I found some awesome DIY's :)

1) Making nail decals using craft punches. I found this DIY on this blog.


You paint onto a ziploc plastic bag (or any other plastic bendable stuff), let the polish dry, peel it off and then use craft punches to punch out your decals:


Simply apply these onto wet nail polish. I just love the result! I think you could also do this by sticking tape onto paper (so that the tape doesn't stick to the punchers) but then you'll have tape on your nails as well, not just nail polish.


2) How about not using nail polish in a DIY but actually making your own nail polish (or well.. it's more like colouring an already existing polish)? I bet most of you read about this trick before... but I never tried it, did you? This pictorial shows very clearly how to make your own 'nail polish'. I couldn't find the source of this image though so if everyone knows it.. please let me know :).


3) Luca da Costa 'revamped' her necklace using pastel polishes:



Me gusta!


4) The last thing I want to show today is really awesome: DIY nail polish strips! I found this tutorial by Alli from The Daily Varnish and copied her instructions:


  1. Use your base color and paint strips on the plastic bag about the width of your nail and significantly longer than your current nail length. Make sure the strips are far enough apart so they can later be cut into individual strips.
  2. If you are going to do a design add that. I did a splatter design. This involved dipping a cocktail straw into No Place Like Chrome and Rage then blowing air into the straw to create the splatter effect.
  3. Let the nail polish dry for several hours. I let mine dry overnight. Just don’t let the strips go too long without using them otherwise the polish will entirely dry out.
  4. Cut the design into individual nail polish strips.
Application is the same as with normal nail wraps/strips, and the result looks great:




I think this would be really cool as a gift! And imagine not having to paint the nails on your dominent hand! 


Well, that was 'other uses of nail polish' for this time. I hope I can find enough 'other uses' for a next edition... Happy DIY'ing y'all! :D

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ja hè? Mensen zijn echt creatief met nagellak :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh this is great stuff! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a FANTASTIC post! So many ideas you managed to put together!
    I knew about a couple of them but got really surprised by the last one - just had never really thought abotu it (duh!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!
    The polish decals are my favorite - this is so stunning! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you want to, please let me know when you try them out :)

      Delete

Share your thoughts and questions (: